There is a real buzz at Paint the Town Green - we are so excited about the future. PTTG is building a friendly and supportive culture where our people are listened to and trusted to do their job. We are a team of hard workers with positive can-do attitudes, working to the same core values of pride, trust, tenacity and guardianship.
Whilst we have listed roles we are currently advertising for, we always welcome speculative applications from talented tradespeople. Please send us your CV and cover letter.
latest job post 09.12.21: Head of Operations
WHO YOU ARE:
You are experienced in managing teams and knows how to inspire and get the best out of your people.
You understand that a solutions-focused culture is key to ensuring positive and sustainable growth in a business that is changing at a rapid pace.
As the bridge between head office, site operations and clients, you are able to communicate well with a broad spectrum of people in a calm and considered manner.
You enjoy the freedom of planning your day and activities to ensure maximum efficiency – a healthy dose of pragmatism and organisation are essential.
Whilst an understanding of painting, decorating and refurbishment is preferable, it is not essential. Of greater importance is a proactive attitude, leadership skills, and a keenness to learn.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Efficiently lead the operational team, including all management processes
- Co-ordinate and schedule all projects
- Delegating projects to Pod Leaders (Site supervisors)
- Monitor and taking responsibility for standard operating procedures and quality control
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Measure and report on budget efficiencies
- Manage relationships with collaborative partners
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are accurate before submitted for payment
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site.
- Communicate issues with operations team and continuously devise ways of improving the client experience, including any problems and complaints that may arise
Send us your CV and a covering letter / email stating why you are the ideal candidate! We'd love to hear from you.
Working Supervisor - pod leader
We are looking for a working supervisor (pod leader) to join our team.
We have an ever-increasing stream of high-end work and we need the right person on board to lead a team of painters to deliver exceptional results. As the company grows, we will develop and grow our people with it.
Who you are:
If you are an experienced decorator who is ready for a fresh challenge and a chance to develop your leadership skills then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who thrives on the buzz of a busy environment and cares about delivering results. You know the importance of clearly communicating with others - be it your team, the clients or other trades.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Running a team of painters and decorators working on our projects
- Partnering with the wider team to manage timelines
- Coordinating with other trades to ensure smooth-running projects
- A practical, logical and agile mindset
- Managing work for the most efficient outcomes
Salary & Benefits
Competitive + Bonus + Company Vehicle
PAINTER & DECORATOR
We are looking an experienced high end decorator with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
We know exactly the type of person we want. Someone who:
- has worked in a high-end environment
- is passionate about getting things right the first time and exceeding expectations
- is proactive about solving problems
- takes pride in what they do
- builds strong relationships with other workers on site, management, and customers alike
Although not an absolute, it would be useful if a full UK driving licence was held. Similarly, experience in hanging wallpaper would be a plus.
We work all over London and some of the home counties so please only apply if this works for you.
Any successful applicant will initially work on a sub-contract (self-employed) basis but may be considered for in-house career progression opportunities.
As well as sending us your CV please send a covering letter / email stating why you would be the ideal candidate!