We understand the importance of our output and how this can negatively or positively impact our environment. We also understand it’s difficult to make positive change overnight. We are chipping away at our business model and interrogating where sustainability progress can be made. We are working towards removing single-use plastic from sites that we have full control over and are named supporters of Prince Charles' Terra Carta - a charter that encourages sustainability in the private sector.
PRODUCTS, TOOLS AND VANS
We don’t always have full control on sites as we are brought on as sub-contractors on bigger projects. However, where we can implement our sustainable strategies, we use the following:
- Biodegradeable dust sheets
- Biodegradable paint kettles and trays
- Recyclable wooden floor protection
- Plastic-free paper tape
- Eco-friendly paint products (we always recommend using certain paints that are better for your environment – you can talk more to your Estimator about what you would like to use).
- We provide all of our painters with PTTG tote bags and water bottles to use instead of plastic bags and bottles
- We use a dustless sander which filters the air to the size of 0.1 microns and expels it more efficiently for the customer and our team. This is particularly useful in heritage work.
Trees for Cities
We work with Trees for Cities and donate a tree for every project we undertake in 2021. By planting trees in urban spaces, we are helping to preserve some of our most iconic tree species, as well as improving air quality and well-being in urban spaces.
Scientists increasingly believe that restoring nature could provide a third of of the CO2 reductions needed by 2030 to keep heating below 2C, and the UN declared that 2021-30 would be a decade of ecosystem restoration. We hope to be a part of this.